A society where everyone ensures respect for human rights.
(Vision represents the dream of MANAB)
Encouraging people irrespective of their status and build their capacity to contribute towards the promotion, protection and fulfilment of human rights as well as not to violate, not to be party in and benefit from the situation of human rights violation.
Policy to achieve mission
Human Rights Education:
Aim: To conduct suitable human rights training programme for people at all level for spreading the knowledge, skill and values of human rights .
1. Conduct awareness camp for ordinary people and school children.
2. Organize Seminar, workshop for and in collaboration with various law enforcement agencies, correctional and other protective homes, educational institution and business organization.
3. Develop and disseminate suitable education material through suitable medium.
4. Making the academic and research wing fully functional.
Aim: To litigate before the suitable human rights forum to ensure remedies to the victims of human rights abuse.
Strategy: Lodging complaint before the National/State Human Rights Institutions, District Human Rights Courts, High Court and Supreme Court as well as before the international human rights mechanisms.
Capacity Building for Human Rights Defenders
Aim: To build the capacity of the human rights defenders whom we believe the only force behind the creation and maintenance of human rights culture in this world so that they can carry on their human rights activity with confidence.
1.Organize capacity building suitable trainning programmen in collaboration with suitable international and national organizations.
2.Sharing of relevant and useful information like training opportunity, funding opportunity, emergency grant, award nomination etc. through suitable medium.
3. provide free legal services.
4. provide networking opportunities with national and international human rights defenders.
5. provide recommendation letter for encashing on funding, scholarship, emergency grant, training, award nomination and other suitable opportunities.
6. Introduce annual human rights defenders' award.
7. Introduce emergency grant programme.
8. publish suitable literature for human rights defenders in the form of magazine, journal etc. to provide them opportunity to share their experience, requirement and success stories of their human rights activism.
9. Undertake suitable project to “Enable the Defenders to Defend”.
Human Rights Advocacy :
Aim: To review national policies relating to human rights and advocate for their conformity with international standard.
1. assessment of state and national policy.
2. Lobbying with relevant individuals and institutions.
3. Seminar, workshop, conference, convention and consultation.
4. Press release and campaign.
Human Rights Research
Aim: To investigate, document and report on human rights violation and consequent response from response from appropriate state, national and international agencies.
1.Undertake research work on contemporary human rights issues either independently and/or whenever opportunity is available in collaborate with relevant state, national agencies and institutions as well as individual human rights defenders and researchers.
2. Undertake research work to report on any particular human rights situation periodically or annually.
3. Undertake policy research on human rights issues specially to develop new human rights ideas.
4. Publication of research work and dissemination of the same among the public and appropriate government, inter-governmental and international agencies for their perusal and necessary action.
Affiliation and Partnersship
Aim: To affailiate and partner with international, regional, national and local human rights organizations.
1. Membership with international and regional human rights organizations.
2. Partner with international, regional, national and local human rights organizations to attain human rights objectives.
3. Share and exchange information of human rights activities.
4. Invitation to the associates and staffs of the aforesaid organizations to share their human rights work, experience and need with us.
5. Undertake joint research work on human rights issues.
6. Host joint event on human rights issues.
7. Conduct joint internship programme.
8. Issue joint press release.
9. Hold joint campaign.
The general objective is to protect, promote, preserve and prevent the violation of human rights and in particular for which MANAB has been founded are as follows:
a) to establish, run, develop and maintain schools, colleges including Teachers' Training Colleges, Libraries, Universities, Medical Colleges and Hospitals, Nursing Institutions, Dispensaries, Maternity Homes, Child Welfare Centers and/ or such other similar charitable Institutions in India the benefit and use of the public in general;
b) to establish, run and maintain studentships, scholarships and render other kind of aid to students including supply of books, stipends, medals and other incentives to study without any distinction as to caste, colour, race, creed or sex in general.
c) to undertake and promote such type of activities so that the livelihood of the people can be secured;
d) to establish, run, develop, maintain and promote institutions for –(i) the promotion of science, literature, music, drama, fine arts; (ii) the preservation of historical places and monuments, sculptures and (iii) other institutions in India having similar objectives for the benefits of the public in general;
e) to establish, maintain and develop parks, gardens, gymnasiums, play ground and sport clubs for the use by the public in general;
f) to establish, maintain and develop homes for the aged, orphanages or other establishments for the relief and help to the poor, needy and destitute people, orphans, widows and aged persons;
g) to establish and develop institutions for the physically challenged and mentally retarded persons and to provide them education, food, clothings or other help which require for their development;
h) to grant relief and assistance to the victims during natural calamities such as famine, earth quake, flood, fire, pestilence etc. and to give donation and other assistance to the institutions, establishments or persons engaged in such relief work;
i) to disseminate information through print or electronic medium or in any other form among the general public;
j) to give, provide and render food, medicine and other help and/or assistance in any shape or form to the poor, deserving and needy persons;
k) to construct, repair and manage the marg hats, cemeteries and burial grounds;
l) to construct, repair and manage other like necessities for the use and benefit of the public in general;
m) to undertake and finance the research work for the promotion, protection and preservation of human rights and in any other field for the benefit of the public in general.
n) to render help in any other form to the public in general.